[Dspace-tech] REST API: collection administrators and submitters
Elias Tzoc
2015-08-26 18:27:02 UTC
Hi all,

We’re testing a basic REST API script for creating collections for new users, and it’s partially working. We can create collections but we’re not sure how to add (new) e-persons to recently created collections, the e-person should be an administrator and submitter for his/her collection.

We’ve checked these pages, but we cannot seem to find an example for adding administrators or submitters
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC5x/REST+API <https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC5x/REST+API>
https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/tree/master/dspace-rest <https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/tree/master/dspace-rest>

Does anyone have some (curl) example requests for this?

Thanks in advance!

Elias

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Elías Tzoc
Digital Initiatives Librarian
King 303
Miami University Libraries
Phone: 513-529-7206
http://staff.lib.miamioh.edu/~tzocea/ <http://staff.lib.muohio.edu/~tzocea/>
Mark H. Wood
2015-08-26 19:41:54 UTC
Post by Elias Tzoc
We’re testing a basic REST API script for creating collections for new users, and it’s partially working. We can create collections but we’re not sure how to add (new) e-persons to recently created collections, the e-person should be an administrator and submitter for his/her collection.
We’ve checked these pages, but we cannot seem to find an example for adding administrators or submitters
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC5x/REST+API <https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC5x/REST+API>
https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/tree/master/dspace-rest <https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/tree/master/dspace-rest>
I haven't tried to do that, but I can say that an EPerson is not added
to a Collection but to one of several EPersonGroups associated with
the collection. I think that's not supported yet.
--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library
755 W. Michigan Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
317-274-0749
www.ulib.iupui.edu
Monika C. Mevenkamp
2015-08-26 20:30:30 UTC
I have a script that creates a collection templating the new collection after another collection
I do this in jruby. If you are interested have a look at https://github.com/akinom/dscriptor
See the way I use it at https://github.com/akinom/dscriptor/blob/master/utils/pulibs.rb
The stuff is not very well documented - but if you are interested just ask away

Monika

—
Monika Mevenkamp
Digital Repository Infrastructure Developer
Phone: 609-258-4161
333C 701 Carnegie, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544

www.ulib.iupui.edu<http://www.ulib.iupui.edu>