[Dspace-tech] migrating test collections and communities
Brianna Marshall
2015-08-18 18:49:27 UTC
Good afternoon,

At UW-Madison we are migrating from DSpace 1.5 to 4.1 and trying to figure out how to most easily migrate test collections and communities. I noticed the 1.5 simple exporter<http://dspace.org/sites/dspace.org/files/archive/1_5_2Documentation/ch09.html#N13795> - has anyone tested whether this works for 4.1? Any advice or resources you could point me to would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Brianna

___

Brianna Marshall

Digital Curation Coordinator

Chair, Research Data Services<http://researchdata.wisc.edu/>

University of Wisconsin-Madison

608-265-6381
Bram Luyten
2015-08-20 12:05:22 UTC
Hi Brianna,

to understand your context and use case a little bit better: is there a
particular reason why you're not upgrading your entire database?

One area of the functionality & documentation that you may find interesting
is the AIP Backup & Restore functionality:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC4x/AIP+Backup+and+Restore

You can use this to pull out specific collections/communities, in case you
don't want the entire database.

Bram
--
[image: logo]
*Bram Luyten*
Tim Donohue
2015-08-20 17:40:24 UTC
Hi Brianna,

You also might wish to consider upgrading directly to DSpace 5.x, as 5.x
now will automatically upgrade your existing database schema to ensure
it's compatible with the latest version of DSpace. For more info see
the 5.x Release Notes (especially the 5.0 section):
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC5x/Release+Notes

- Tim
Post by Bram Luyten
Hi Brianna,
to understand your context and use case a little bit better: is there
a particular reason why you're not upgrading your entire database?
One area of the functionality & documentation that you may find
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC4x/AIP+Backup+and+Restore
You can use this to pull out specific collections/communities, in case
you don't want the entire database.
Bram
--
logo
*Bram Luyten*
/250 Lucius Gordon Drive, Suite B-3A, West Henrietta, NY 14586/
/Esperantolaan 4, Heverlee 3001, Belgium/
www.atmire.com
<http://atmire.com/website/?q=services&utm_source=emailfooter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=braml>
On 18 August 2015 at 20:49, Brianna Marshall
Good afternoon,
At UW-Madison we are migrating from DSpace 1.5 to 4.1 and trying
to figure out how to most easily migrate test collections and
communities. I noticed the 1.5 simple exporter
<http://dspace.org/sites/dspace.org/files/archive/1_5_2Documentation/ch09.html#N13795> -
has anyone tested whether this works for 4.1? Any advice or
resources you could point me to would be very helpful.
Thanks!
Brianna
___
Brianna Marshall
Digital Curation Coordinator
Chair, Research Data Services <http://researchdata.wisc.edu/>
University of Wisconsin-Madison
608-265-6381
Tim Donohue
Technical Lead for DSpace & DSpaceDirect
DuraSpace.org | DSpace.org | DSpaceDirect.org