[Dspace-tech] DSpace 5.2 XMLUI (Mirage2 theme) in English, Serbian Cyrillic and Serbian Latin - help needed
Jelena Jovanovic
2015-08-27 07:43:03 UTC
Dear Sir of Madam,

We are trying to customize DSpace 5.2 XMLUI (Mirage2 theme) to support
user interface in English, Serbian Latin and Serbian Cyrillic. Used JDK is
Oracle Java 1.8.0 update 51 and Servlet container is Tomcat 8.0.23.

I've followed instructions from here:

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC5x/Installing+DSpace#InstallingDSpace-MultilingualInstallation

and here:

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC5x/XMLUI+Configuration+and+Customization#XMLUIConfigurationandCustomization-MultilingualSupport

and English and Serbian Cyrillic translations work perfectly with
translations in messages.xml and messages_sr.xml, respectively.

Unfortunately, I was not able to find appropriate value for Serbian Latin.
(I've tried a lot of combinations according to DSpace 5.x documentation,
latest Cocoon I18n Transformer documentation and Oracle documentation
concerning Java 8 supported locales; Java 8 does support Serbian Latin).
Would you be kind enough to tell me how should I name the file and what
value should I put into webui.supported.locales in order to support
Serbian Latin?

Kind regards,
Jelena Jovanović